Delicious white mushroom and cheese pizza. You don’t need any special equipment and the pizza is on the table in 25 minutes. The perfect pizza to make at home!
Quick pizza recipe
I’m all about quick and easy pizza recipes that are delicious and fuss-free. No precooking of the ingredients like sautéing mushrooms, onions, garlic, or other toppings. Just throw all ingredients on top of a store-bought pizza dough (or homemade, if you are in the mood) and bake it. That’s it!
Plus, this pizza only takes around 25 minutes from start to finish. The pizza cooks pretty fast, so in less than 15 minutes you’ll have an amazing homemade mushroom pizza.
No precooking mushrooms for pizza
The reason, why this pizza is so quick and easy is because you don’t have to precook the mushrooms. A lot of websites will tell you otherwise. But I’ve tried it so many times and the result tastes great every single time.
I always buy whole mushrooms and slice them myself, since pre-sliced ones tend to dry out and they won't taste as fresh.
How to make white pizza?
Crème fraiche is my favorite ingredient for making flavorful white pizza without tomato sauce. A thin layer of crème fraiche spread onto the pizza dough will result in a creamy white pizza without getting a soggy crust. You can use ricotta, if you don’t have crème fraiche on hand.
Which cheese for pizza?
After spreading the pizza dough with crème fraiche, top it with cheese and veggies like mushrooms. I love cheese that melts beautifully, like low-moisture mozzarella, provolone, young gouda, or fontina.
By the way, if you like white pizza, you might want to give this recipe for spinach and artichoke pizza a try. It’s one of my favorites!
Making great pizza without pizza stone
You don’t need any special equipment like a pizza stone, pizza wheel, or pizza oven to make delicious pizza at home. Just a regular oven and a baking sheet will do the trick!
Make sure that the oven is hot and well preheated. 450 °F (230 °C) is a good temperature setting. If you have a fan-forced oven, you can use 425 °F (220 °C) since they are hotter than conventional ovens.
I exclusively bake pizza on a regular baking sheet, which I do not preheat. Since I have a tiny kitchen, there is no space for a pizza stone, so this method is most convenient for me. The pizza will have a beautiful crust and the topping will be beyond delicious.
How many servings?
This pizza will yield two individual pizzas with 7-inch (18 cm) each. It’s enough for two hungry people or four people if you are only snacking or enjoy it with a big side salad.
Do you love spinach and artichoke dip? Then this amazing 5-ingredient spinach and artichoke pizza is a must try!
I hope you enjoy this easy white mushroom pizza. Please leave me a comment and rating if you do!
Click stars to rate now!
Mushroom Cheese Pizza – No precooking Shrooms
- ¾ pound (350 g) pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche (you can substitute ricotta)
- ½ cup (50 g) shredded low-moisture mozzarella (substitute young gouda, fontina, or provolone)
- 4 small or 2 big cremini mushrooms (50 g), sliced
- Fresh oregano and thyme leaves (see note for dried herbs)
- Pinch salt
- Olive oil
- 1 organic lemon (for zest)
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C), or to 425 °F (220 °C) if using a fan-oven.
- Divide the dough into two balls. On a lightly floured surface, push or roll each pizza dough out until 7-inch (18 cm) in diameter. Two individual pizzas should fit onto a large baking sheet. If you stretch the dough by hand, working from the center out, you can leave a thicker rim (yum!). Use as much flour as necessary to keep it from sticking to the counter and your hands.
- Transfer the doughs to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Stir crème fraiche to lighten it and to give it a softer texture. If it’s cold, it can be hard to spread – thin with a teaspoon of water at a time until spreadable consistency is reached. Spoon crème fraiche over the two pizza doughs leaving a ½-inch border.
- Top with shredded cheese and mushrooms. Season with a pinch of salt. Drizzle mushrooms with a little olive oil.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Top with lemon zest, fresh oregano and thyme. Enjoy!