This 5-ingredient burst tomato pizza is so easy and quick to make, it’s a perfect weeknight meal. On the table in 20 minutes!
This is what you’ll need to make this roasted cherry tomato pizza:
- Pizza crust: You can use either store-bought pizza dough, or homemade, if you are in the mood.
- Crushed tomatoes: Most of the time I use crushed tomatoes with basil (from a can) as a pizza sauce. Tastes terrific!
- Cheese: Shredded low-moisture mozzarella is my go-to when it comes to pizza. Young gouda, provolone, or fontina are also good options for pizza.
- Cherry tomatoes: Any kind of small tomatoes, like cherry or grape, work perfectly fine in this recipe.
- Fresh basil: Fresh basil for serving is a must for me. The aroma is so much better compared to dried basil.
- Burrata (optional): If you want to make this pizza extra special (date night?), finish the pizza off with a broken ball – or two – of burrata.
Burst tomatoes on pizza
The pizza’s highlight are clearly the roasted cherry tomatoes. While the pizza bakes, the tomatoes will slowly begin to burst.
Their flavor and sweetness intensifies during their brief stay in the hot oven. You’ll be rewarded with soft, juicy, and sweet tomatoes on top of melted cheese.
By the way: This is the perfect pizza to bake at home! No special equipment like a pizza stone is needed and it takes about 20-25 minutes from start to finish.
How many servings?
This pizza will yield 1 baking sheet. I usually stretch the pizza to 10x14-inch or 26x36 cm. It’s enough for 3 hungry people or 4-5 people if you are only snacking or enjoy it with a big side salad.
I hope you enjoy this easy cherry tomato pizza. Please leave me a comment and rating if you do!
Burst cherry tomato pizza (5 ingredients)
- ¾ pound 350 g pizza dough, homemade or store-bought
- 1 pound 454 g cherry tomatoes (about 3 cups)
- 1 ¼ cups 130 g shredded low moisture mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons crushed tomatoes with basil (from a can)
- 1 ball burrata (optional)
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 °F (230 °C), or to 425 °F (220 °C) if using a fan-oven.
- On a lightly floured surface, push or roll the pizza dough out until it fits the baking sheet, about 10x14 inch (26x36 cm). If you stretch the dough by hand, working from the center out, you can leave a rim.
- Place the pizza dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread the dough with crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, then top with cherry tomatoes.
- Transfer the pizza to the preheated oven and bake until the cheese has melted, the crust is golden, and the tomatoes are bursting, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Top with torn burrata and fresh basil. Enjoy!