5 ingredients plus a dressing is all you need for this simple and delicious chickpea salad. It only takes 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish! This is my go-to version, which I make all the time in summer.
This healthy chickpea salad is super quick, easy to make and packed with flavor. Enjoy it with a slice of bread or toasted pita bread for a light meal or serve it as a healthy side dish.
This recipe is very forgiving and it’s perfect to make ahead of time – think meal prep, potluck, or pack it up for a healthy lunch. I promise, you'll make this easy chickpea salad again and again!
Ingredients for the salad
- Chickpeas: Use your favorite brand of of pre-cooked chickpeas. You’ll need one 14-ounce can (400 g).
- Tomatoes: I love to use small cherry or grape tomatoes but larger varieties and heirloom tomatoes will work equally fine.
- Cucumber: Use an organic cucumber and you do not need to peel it. It looks so much nicer with skin, plus more vitamins.
- Feta cheese: Feta from a block, which you can crumble later yourself, or pre-crumbled feta is a good option. I usually opt for the block-variety since it is moister.
- Fresh parsley: Any parsley – curly or flat-leaf (aka Italian) – tastes great. I used flat-leaf here.
- Dressing: You can use a homemade or store-bought dressing. A simple vinaigrette or an Italian dressing is the way to go. I always opt for the homemade stuff! You’ll only need vinegar or lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
How many servings?
This recipe makes 2 large mains if served with a slice of bread (try toasted pita!), or 6 sides. It keeps well if you prep it ahead of time, so double the recipe and enjoy this salad over the next days.
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy chickpea salad. Please leave me a comment and rating if you do!
Quick Chickpea Salad – ready in 10 minutes!
- 14 ounce (400 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (1.5 cups or 250 g drained)
- ¾ cup (100 g) cucumber, diced (about a ¼ to ⅓ English cucumber)
- 1 cup (170 g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ½ cup (65 g) crumbled feta cheese (use more if you love feta)
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons white wine vinegar (or substitute lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a jar. Screw the lid on and shake vigorously.
- Pour dressing over the salad, and toss until combined. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 2-3 days.