This super simple burst tomato pasta tastes fantastic, and is perfect for cooking after work since it requires minimal prep and only 6 ingredients. The tomatoes on top are juicy, sweet, and taste like summer!
Quick pasta dish
This is a delicious, light meal that comes together in minutes. It only takes 15 minutes from start to finish and taste like straight out of your favorite Italian restaurant.
It’s a weekday favorite around here, especially in summer and fall when tomatoes are in season and most aromatic, or when it’s simply too hot to stand over a stove for long.
Which tomatoes to use
I prefer small tomatoes like cherry and grape tomatoes for topping the pasta. They soften quickly and burst when cooking for just a few minutes over high heat.
This intensifies their flavor and caramelizes their edges, and makes the tomatoes just soooo delicious!
Are you a fan of burst tomatoes? Then try this burst cherry tomato pizza !
I hope you enjoy this burst tomato pasta. Please leave me a comment and rating if you do!
Click stars to rate now!
Easy Burst Tomato Pasta (15 minutes, 6 ingredients)
- 8 oz (227 g) spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 2 cups (300 g) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Fresh basil (for serving)
- Freshly grated Parmesan (for serving, omit for vegan)
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the tomatoes and a generous pinch of salt. Cook the tomatoes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until they burst and release their juices, about 5 minutes.
- Mince the garlic. When the tomatoes are done cooking, add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Drain pasta and divide among bowls. Top with the burst tomatoes and their delicious juice.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and grate some fresh Parmesan right over each serving with a grater.