This creamy blue cheese pasta only needs 4 ingredients and is on the table in less than 20 minutes. Sounds awesome? I think so too!
3-ingredient white pasta sauce
Creamy white pasta sauces are simply the best! For this sauce, you’ll only need 3 ingredients: heavy cream, blue cheese, and lemon zest. Add a pinch of freshly ground pepper for some extra flavour, if you like. Toss it with the cooked pasta – the 4th ingredient – and voila!
Blue cheese substitutes
If you don’t have blue cheese on hand, gorgonzola is a great option for this pasta sauce too! I’ve tried to swap blue cheese for crumbled feta but that made the sauce kind of bland and boring. It’s best to stick to either blue cheese or gorgonzola.
I hope you love this recipe for pasta with creamy blue cheese lemon sauce. Please leave me a comment and rating if you do!
If you are a fan of quick pasta dishes you may like these
10-minute marinara gnocchi.
Quick Blue Cheese and Lemon Pasta (4 ingredients!)
- 8 ounces (227 g) spaghetti
- 1 cup (240 ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (50 g) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 organic lemon (for zest)
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain and return pasta to the pot to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat cream, crumbled blue cheese, pepper, and the grated zest of about half a lemon (use remaining grated zest for topping) in a small saucepan or pan, stirring often. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Taste and add a pinch of salt, if necessary. Usually no additional salt is required as the cheese makes the sauce quite salty.
- Add the sauce to the cooked pasta and toss to combine. Cover with a lid and let it sit for 2-3 minutes to allow the pasta to soak up some of the sauce. During this time, the sauce will thicken. Do not skip this step as the resting time makes the sauce creamy. Stir before serving.
- Serve in bowls and top with more lemon zest and some grated parmesan, if using.