Recipe for quick and easy pizza rolls. They are super tasty, vegetarian, and only require 3 ingredients to make. Ready in 20 minutes from start to finish!
The perfect snack to go
Since they come together in no time, I often make a small batch, like 9 rolls as in this recipe. They make a quick weekday dinner and also travel well, which makes for a perfect lunch at work. Friends and family also love them at picnics and potlucks.
How to make them?
You simply use store-bought or homemade pizza dough, roll it out into a square and sprinkle with toppings. I prefer a simple topping of crushed tomatoes with basil and shredded mozzarella cheese. If I have some fresh basil leaves on hand, I add some leaves too.
Of course, you can add your favorite toppings here – no limits!
Then, you need to roll the dough into a log, cut it into slices, distribute them in a pan or on a sheet, and bake them until golden. That’s all!
In for the real deal? Then try one of my pizza recipes.
I hope you enjoy these quick and easy pizza rolls. Please leave me a comment and rating if you do!
Click stars to rate now!
The Easiest Pizza Rolls (3 ingredients, 20 minutes)
- ¾ pound (350 g) pizza dough (see note)
- 4 tablespoons tomatoes with basil, from a can (or use your favorite marinara)
- 1 cup (100 g) shredded low moisture mozzarella
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C), or to 375 °F (190 °C) if using a fan-oven. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a square, about 13x13 inches (30x30 cm).
- Spread the crushed tomatoes on top of the dough. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. I love to add some roughly torn fresh basil leaves, if on hand.
- Roll the dough into a tight log, cut into 9 slices, and place them in the 8-inch square pan (no need to wait until they rise).
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the tops are golden. Let the rolls cool for 5 minutes, then serve with fresh basil on top (if desired).
- Pizza rolls taste best on the same day, though they can be covered tightly and stored for a day at room temperature, or a few days in the refrigerator. If stored in the refrigerator, reheat to your liking.